In successfully completing the projects they work on, Truline Roofing Raleigh contractors rely on tools specially designed for the operations they perform. Here are some examples of instruments they use:
• Serving a wide range of purposes, the utility knife cannot miss from a roofer’s toolbox. It is formed of a plastic casing, with the length of a palm, sheltering a sharp blade, usually made of stainless steel. Specialists use utility knives for marking the roof covers’ sides or for cutting different other materials used in the process.
• The roofing hammer is another tool commercial roofers use very often, not only for fixating the roofing material, but also for other purposes. It comes equipped with a head having a different shape at its ends. The end shaped like a hatchet can be used for prying, chopping or pulling. The other end has the shape of a square, and it serves for hammering the nails.
• The nail gun, or nailer, is a very useful instrument in projects that require shooting a great number of nails within a short period of time. Looking similar to a pistol, it relies on pneumatic force for deploying the nails. Among other things, commercial roofing contractors in Raleigh use nailers for installing metal panels or asphalt shingles.
As commercial roofing contractors in Raleigh often say, adding insulation materials to a roof makes it more effective in sheltering the building. For instance, they often recommend their clients the installation of a felt layer underneath the rolled roofing material.
Here are the steps professionals take in performing this operation:
• First, they measure the area’s width and length, calculating the surface in square feet. This operation is essential in determining the amount of felt needed for covering the roof. Once they have the result, professionals begin installing the insulation material, using specially designed roofing nails for fixating it on the sheathing. A distance of about 6 inches is left between the nails, and the felt is installed in sections, working on only one at a time.
• After this stage of the process is completed, commercial roofers start covering the insulation material with roofing cement. The operation has a double role, to confer adherence to the material installed over the felt layer, and to increase the insulation it provides.
• The rolled roofing is then installed one section at a time, in the same manner as felt. Commercial roofing contractors in Raleigh press the roof cover hard, making it adhere to the roofing cement underneath it.